Tuesday, January 7, 2014

October 7, 2013




Hello!

2 months into my mission now and i honestly don't know where the time is going. however, i am having the time of my life and wouldn't trade it for the world. I remember before my mission Aaron told me laughing that i have no idea what to expect. That each day will be harder than the last and i will experience exhaustion like i have never experienced before. I now can relate. I am always tired. We get home at 9 and i have little to no energy and then we must plan for tomorrow. we finish that and then we update area book. By the time we change out of our clothes keeping my eyes open is a struggle. I fall asleep in companionship prayers and tell my companion that "i was just thinking." However, as difficult as it is, i have never experienced so much joy. I have never woken up so tired but so ready to conquer the day. I know that we have planed with a purpose by the guidance of the spirit and i can not wait to visit the people that we have scheduled in. I arise. I pray and try to exercise as hard as i can in the short 30 minutes that has been allotted  We get prepared for the day and at 8 a.m. the day starts. I am amazed at how often i study a section that seems random at the time but recognizing that its good, i do it. later in the day an investigator has a question about that exact topic i studied and i would not know the answer had i not. Coincidence or the spirit? Call it what you wish. i believe that coincidence is simply when the lord chooses to remain anonymous so i am happy with either choice. 
So we have another lady on date for baptism and she is so wonderful.Her name is Linda she is around 55 and will be baptised on the 21st of this month. She is the sister-in-law to the first counselor in the stake presidency. We teach her weekly and I always enjoy going there. She is so so funny. She tells us such funny stories. She was telling us that she had a friend who was telling her about the micro-pigs she had. she said how cute they were and so linda demanded to see them. She took her to the area in which they were held and in Lindas own words "I walked up to where she pointed and there was a wall about neck high. I looked over the wall and about fell over backwards. The thing was as big as a horse! Put his big ol' snout in my face like i knew him!" hahaha we were laughing so hard we were crying. Her dad is also a hoot. The ward had an activity where they were preparing 72 hour kits. He brought his into the activity as an example. He rolled up in nothing less than the best. you would think that you would put it in a backpack like most people but realizing that it would be heavy he put his thinking cap on. His 72 hour kit is in a shopping trolly. Linda was making fun of him at the dinner table and he was like "you wait. Theres gonna be a natural disaster and you're gonna be begging me for my trolly." He proceeded to give her some things that "she must have in her kit." Complete with Mashed potatoes that expired in 1977. Super wonderful family
Denise and Adrian are another family that we are trying to get on date for this month. They are friends of some members in the ward here and are progressing well. She was formerly a Jehovah witness but was disfellowshipped for getting a boyfriend not of there faith. Denise is probably 42 and Adrian, her son is 9. Everything makes sense to her and its wonderful. I will keep you updated on them.
Mom and dad a lady in my ward here is from Alpine. She just went back and has been trying to get in touch with you. I gave her your address and phone numbers. She is really great. Her name is sister Rhodes. Let me know if you get in touch with her. She could use some befriending.
Conference was absolutely amazing. Watching it as a missionary puts a whole new light on the experience. We watched it at our ward mission leaders home. It was quite strange with the time change. We watched the Saturday Morning session at 5pm on Saturday so that was live. We watched the priesthood session on Sunday at 10am. The Sunday morning session was watched live at 5pm on Sunday  We missed the afternoon sessions unfortunately but we will watch them soon. I loved Uchtdorfs talk in the Saturday morning session. He was so powerful. It is perfect for a less-active and part member family we have. He was so clear and loving in his address that you can not deny that there is something different within him. 
I am slowly but surely converting the people of England over to root beer. There is a recent convert whose name is Carl who absolutely loves it. I have a theory that i just thought of so it must be revelation. If i cant convert them to the gospel straight away I will start with Root Beer. As they come and see that it in fact is wonderful, they will see that we have common ground. As we sit and talk about how much happiness it brings to our lives it leads right into the plan of salvation. I will tell them that although it is hard to believe, the gospel of jesus christ brings us more happiness than root beer. boom, just like they they're walking into the waters of baptism. I will try it and let you all know how it works out.
I love you all and love your letters. keep them up! I pray for you and enjoy seeing your lives progress. i am jealous that you got to watch conference together as a family. Thank you for all that you do. i appreciate your prayers and see the blessings from them daily.

all my love 

Elder Evans



No comments:

Post a Comment