Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 6, 2013

Hello family!
 
Sorry for not writing you in awhile but things have just been crazy with the new year and holidays. Great to hear from you all though!
 
So we have just been focused on getting back into the swing of things here. With the holidays not alot of our investigators were able to meet with us which is understandable. We are trying to have 2 baptisms this month which is going to be a major push for multiple reasons. first off we havent even extended the dates to these people but they are soooo ready. second, my companion lacks the faith necessary in extending these committments. Pretty challenging but its fine.
The first one we want on date is nina. she is sooo dope. she comes to church every week faithfully! She is 23 and runs her own business anad it is rapidly growing. She feels good about everything and believes in it she just doesnt fully understand how the spirit testifies of truth to us. so thats the plan for this week.
second guy is Chris. He is an older gentleman who has been meeting with elders for 7 months now. He loves to chat so its hard to teach him because often times the topic of the atonement somehow turns into how the government should lock its borders because this country has too many romanians. he claims hes not racist but im not convinced. So hopefully we can get them both on date. They are ready. The lord has prepared them. They just need to excercise the faith that they have gained!
The past few weeks have been a little bit of a struggle. My companion is struggling to be obedient which i knew was going to happen at the start of the transfer due to the cousel that i recieved from President Jordan. He no longer has a desire to be exactly obedient but rather has a pick and choose the ones that are easy attitude. Its frusterating but i press on! There is always something to learn from every companion and paitence is a virtue in which i am being taught! The Lord blesses us as we do our best. He doesnt require anything but our best and i am extreemly grateful for that. I fall short in aspects daily but know that the atonement can and will make up the difference.
We have a zone conference this thursday and i am extreemly excited for it. I always love the trainings recieved there and the spirit is always sooo strong. I love the feeling when the spirit overcomes you! It is available to all and I love watching people experience it for the first time weather it be in a sacrament meeting or a lesson with us! Ahhh it makes me sooo happy.
Today we did some service for a lady whose mother is a member. She just bought a new home in which she is completly remodeling. So we were scraping wallpaper for hours this morning. I was having flash backs of the remodel that we did at mobile medical. I love doing service for people. Today the men that we were working with were amazed that we were willing to help for free. He told us that he would let us help him anytime just as long as he didnt have to pay us. hahah!
I got my package from you guys! Thank you sooo much! i am in love with my scripture marker and all the gifts within! The books are soooo cool. I have been reading them in any free time that i find! So so helpful! The ties are on point as well! I love them. They are going to look good when i get my suits tailored. So the hems fell out of my suits so there is a lady in the ward who told me she could fix it. So she is doing a full tailor job on them to bring them in skinny. For the record, skinny suits in America are not skinny here. They take it to a new level here and I love it. Thankfully so do President and sister Jordan. Also the quality of suits here for the price is pretty insane. Tj maxx is here except its tk maxx and they sell loads of suits for cheap. Every missionaries favorite store!
Family i love you all and am grateful for the chance that i had to talk to you over the holidays. I hope all is well with you. I am doing well out here and loving what i am doing. I got to speak on Chirstmas sunday and it was great. I was overwhelmed with the spirit when in my talk i realized just how much our savior loves us. I shared a quote that mom shared with me from president Hinckley about each of us can do a little bit better. The savior loves us and wants us to be successful. He willingly came to this earth, lived a perfect life, and then suffered for each of us so that we can return to live eternally as families. How wonderfu! I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. Miracles happen each day because of them so please keep them up.
 
All my love
 
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment