Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014






To my beloved family
 
Sorry for not writing this past week. I got caught up doing other things on lds.org for some of our investigators. My sincere appologies. I was amazed to open my e mail this week and see sooo many e mails this week from all of you. I absolutely loved it. Keep it up. For those of you who have served missions, you know what its like to open your inbox and see zero new letters. But hey, there is opposition in all things right!? It makes me appreciate days like today when there is so many!
So allow me to take a moment and update you on the work here in harrow. First off we have an investigator called Nina who is 23, from iran, and will be baptised this coming Sunday. She is sooo excited. She owns her own company and it is expanding rapidly. In our lesson this past week, after the prayer she said ,"I have been thinking a lot about church and how i feel when i come. What do I have to do in order to be baptised?" My jaw hit the floor and couldn't stop smiling we taught her the Law of Chastity thinking that she would have problems with it being that she has a fiance. Nope! She is sooo ready and excited. She cant wait and frankly, i cant either.
There has been a lot of baptisms in our ward recenly with more to come. There is 3 sets of Elders in the ward and we all have people on date. On Friday evening Wembley 2 had a lady called Leah get baptised. I am always amazed how perfect they look upon coming out of the water. They are clean, pure, and can feel of the love of the savior. They know the decesion that they just made will alter there eternal path for the better! Yesterday after church 2 children got baptised. 1 whose family has been members for a long while and the other, called Fatima, whose dad was just baptised 2 months ago. He baptised his daughter. What a tender experience to watch him help her make her first covenant with her heavenly father. Despite his broken english, he did perfect. In 2 weeks time another Nina who has been meeting with missionaries for 20 years now will be baptised by wembley 1. She is super cool. She looks chinese but is from Jamaica. Super confusing when you hear her talk but she is awesome! Truly the Lord is hastening his work! It is easy and clear to see even within the ward in which i am serving.
Yesterday we had an open night at the chappel. We invited all to come and see what we believed. We wanted it to be a good turn out but not many investigators showed. But we still presented. My companion and I were assigned the family proclimation. As we presented and were listening to president Hinckley read it, the spirit was so strong. The principals within this inspired document, were infact the very principals that our family was raised on. "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the principals of the gospel of Jesus Christ." I know that is true for i have and continue to experience such happiness. The gospel doesn't promise us a life free from trials. But it does assure us that we will never have to bear them alone. Considering the price that Jesus Christ paid for the salvation of each and every one of us, he will not forsake us now. When we come to him we find that he has been waiting for us. Indeed he has been aware of us all along. The arms of chirst only close when we come to him. Indeed in that moment, he will wrap them around us providing the reassurance that he loves us.
Thank you family for your love support and prayers. Indeed miracles occur daily here in England. Transfers are next week so i will keep you updated on what is happening with me. I cant believe that 6 months have passed since leaving home. These have been some of the most challenging, best months of my life. I love you all!
 
My address is:
 
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London, SW7 2PA
 
Elder Evans
 
Commonly called...
 
Crooky

No comments:

Post a Comment