Tuesday, January 7, 2014

December 2, 2013

hey family
 
so not too much time as i am in an internet cafe and the indians here charge out the wazoo. Everything is great here!
 
so interviews went really well. i always enjoy my time with president jordan. We had a nice discussion about the work both in my area and to do with my companion. He has assigned me to be elder smiths personal trainer. so thats pretty exciting. kinda i guess. he said "Elder smith is gaining weight and fast. i need you to change that. i need you to take him under your wing and make him lose 10 pounds by the end of the transfer. Do whatever it takes." haha so we have been running sprints in the morning. I told him that he can no longer eat ice cream for breakfast. he has a love/hate relationship for me now i think.
 
Today i went to central london with the mission choir not to sing but just to enjoy the experience. they sang for the elderly and it was soo cool. I made a ton of friends. Mainly this man named John. John lost his eye a few years back when a dog attacked him. He openly showed me as a point of interest within our conversation. He went on to tell me that i have a lovely smile that could cheer up any day. haha thanks john. As we were sitting there watching the choir he pointed at president jordan and said "what is he doing here!? Who invited the Governor!?" hahaha he also might have a slight case of dimensia. Cool guy though. Forgot my camera cord or else i would attach a picture.
 
hmmm more stories....so we went and did some service for a less active guy named eric. he is cool. We were working on his car and his friend came to help. On the way home i asked him the name of his friend. He quickly corrected me. "Hes not my friend! I let him work on my car once and he charged me! You know, a friend in need is a friend in need!" Close eric but not quite. but he did come out to church so thats great! Apparently he wants me to replace the clutch in his car next. I told him multiple times that i dont know how to do that but he insisted that i would figure it out.
 
the work continues to progress. I love the christmas season here. Its cold but so wonderful. People are generally happier and allow us in to share a message. I am excited to speak with you all! It should be fun. Tonight we have a ward christmas fhe event and i cant wait. A live gospel choir is coming. Random but cool i suppose. also i have eaten more fish in the last week than in my entire life. I always said i would reject it if it was presented but when a poor family decides to feed the missionaries and you know theyve made a sacrifice to do so, you just eat. Even if its jalafriez and fish. Hottest rice of my life. my eyes water and my nose runs. The member tells me it will keep me warm inside.
 
hope all is well with you. Love you all. Will try to write a better letter next week!
 
Love you
 
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment